Buff Vampirism?

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Sseyob, Dec 7, 2012.

?

Agree? Disagree? Tell me!

1. Yes.

33.3%
  2. No.

50.0%
  3. Other, please comment.

38.9%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Essence

Essence Will Mod for Digglebucks

A mistake. There is no scaling on Psychic Vampire.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  2. Wootah

Wootah Member

Thanks for that Post MusingOoze. There is so much diversity to this game, I wouldn't have thought to go for a dodging vampire. I had considered using Warlockery, but your post makes me want to really give it a go.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  3. Nacho

Nacho Member

Then how does it work? Just a pure 50% chance to get mana?

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  4. Essence

No, it's more complex than that. There are three chances to get mana. There's an 80% chance to get one mana, a 50% chance to get a scaling amount of mana, and a 25% chance to get another smaller-scaling amount of mana. So you can get none, or you can get something like 3+(.15 * Magic Power) mana on the high end.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  5. mining

mining Member

That's not more complex, that's just more "I have no idea what will happen when I press my skill button".

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  6. Vitellozzo

Vitellozzo Member

After all the description says you steal magic from your enemies. And being a vampire you keep beating on their heads.
    And so you discover more mana, when Psychic Vampire pop up on your head.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  7. mining

mining Member

Yeah, so over the long term, it makes no difference. But in the short term, it means you have absolutely no way to plan your mana usage - the RNG will screw you over in such a way that you wouldn't expect it without having intimate knowledge of the source.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  8. Nacho

Nacho Member

But you said there was no scaling.

OmniaNigrum and Vitellozzo like this.
  9. Essence

Sorry, I meant there's no scaling to :life_regen: like there is with the rest of Vampirism.

Vitellozzo and OmniaNigrum like this.
  10. Bohandas

Bohandas Member

What if vampirism's restrictions on consumables were slightly tweaked? They would be allowed to eat meat products but as a tradeoff would be forbidden to drink wine....

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  11. Kazeto

Kazeto Member

We would have to usurp Sir Nicholas on his throne to be able to make tweaks to hard-coded things.

OmniaNigrum and Essence like this.
  12. Nacho

Nacho Member

That's the exact opposite of being flavorful. Everyone knows Vampires love wine.

OmniaNigrum and Kazeto like this.
  13. OmniaNigrum

OmniaNigrum Member

I think there is exactly zero hope of this until the code parts of vampirism are removed from the executable and put in XML so we can edit it.

Where oh where did the modding requests thread go? ...

I will put a link in once I find it.

http://community.gaslampgames.com/threads/modding-requests.1926/
    BTW, I am almost sure this is in there already. Several times most likely.

I feel stupid yet again...
    http://community.gaslampgames.com/threads/modding-requests.1926/page-12#post-41331

Read it and understand.

14. OmniaNigrum

OmniaNigrum Member

I am adding the request that other aspects be mod friendly.

15. Bohandas

Bohandas Member

Are you being facetious, or are you really unfamiliar with the famous line "I never drink... wine" from the 1931 Bela Lugosi version of Dracula? I can't tell.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  16. Kazeto

Kazeto Member

He's merely referring to Dracula from Castlevania series and his (their?) habit of drinking wine before the fight against him. So I guess he's being facetious.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  17. Nacho

Nacho Member

Kazeto got it in one. Also, I have never heard of that line, or anyone named "Bela Lugosi".

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  18. OmniaNigrum

OmniaNigrum Member

Kids these days...

He was in *MANY* films back when most were still black and white. Most of them were really quite good once you force yourself to pay attention despite it looking like a bunch of old cheese. (The cheese sensation comes about because the movies were so good that most of them were remade later in one form or another. So you get the feeling you may have seen the same ideas before.)

Kazeto, Turbo164 and Vitellozzo like this.
  19. Vitellozzo

Vitellozzo Member

I can't believe you never played Munchkin.

Essence and OmniaNigrum like this.
  20. Bohandas

Bohandas Member

He was the star of a whole mess of horror films in the first half of the 20th century

OmniaNigrum likes this.