Bailout?

Discussion in 'Conquest of the Wizardlands' started by Jace, Aug 4, 2012.

1. Jace

Jace Member

It seems like the capstone Bankster skill should remove all your Bankster debuffs.. or at least one. I've tried it about 30 times now and it doesn't seem to do anything! Am I using it wrong...? I'm all broke now because my diggle juice stocks keep failing, and waiting 13 turns or so for Dump Toxic assets at $30 zorkmids per turn is just D:

2. Lunix Vandal

Lunix Vandal Member

Yeah, Bailout is indeed broken, and in a completely different way from what Insurance Fraud is. I blame Sallah. Or rather the camels he wasn't supposed to get. It's a programming joke.

Fortunately, it's a relatively easy fix -- download the attached .xml and copy it into the dungeons of dredmor/expansion3/game folder (in the place where your core game files are, not where the mods are). As a bonus, this also patches a few other nonfunctional spell procs in Egyptian Magic, Communism, and Banksterism.
    1. The buff-removal effects in Bailout were all in "camelCase," i.e. removeBuffByName="foo" rather than removebuffbyname="foo". Changing from the one to the other makes Bailout function as advertised.
    2. When you have Glyph of Imhotep running, most of the Banksterism debuffs, as well as High Interest Loan, are supposed to have a 25% chance of setting up a Pyramid Scheme to mitigates your funding bleedout. Because "Glyph" was spelled "Mark" all through the Banksterism spells, this wasn't happening. I made that fix, noticed that Pyramid Scheme's negative upkeep wasn't actually doing anything, and replaced it with an appropriately-downscaled DoT version of the Loan's zorkmid-spawning effect.
    3. A similar zorkmid-gaining effect in the Communism tree (Reform and Opening) was nonfunctional in much the same way as Pyramid Scheme, and received the same fix.
    4. There was also one proc tied to Glyph of the Asp that was broken when Sandstorm was changed from a glyph to an attack spell, so I changed that to function when you have both Asp and Anubis going.

This shouldn't break saves, but I make no guarantees about what might happen if you combine it with the hotfix beta that's been floating around.

Attached Files:

3. dbaumgart

dbaumgart Art Director Staff Member

@Lunix Vandal
    Awesome. I'm rolling your fixes into the game.

(Can't believe I wrote "Mark" instead of "Glyph" that whole time - I kept checking to see why they weren't firing and not seeing it. Someone needs to tell me these things!)

4. Lunix Vandal

Lunix Vandal Member

While you're at it, I missed one other glyph-combo proc in Egyptian Magic (mostly since I hadn't maxed the tree yet). Glyph of the Eye of Ra ==> Call the Nile doesn't proc The Unconquered Sun, since the requirebuffontriggername for it in Call the Nile is missing the "the". :)

5. doorhandle

doorhandle Member

I approve of that reference! Shame the buff isn't going though.

Any idea when a patch will be coming? Is it a next-month thing or a next year thing?

6. Ruigi

Ruigi Will Mod for Digglebucks

The best practice to mitigate this error is to always copy/paste the names of spell effects.

7. Jace

Jace Member

Hooray for progress! Seriously I love this expansion and Dredmor in general. Imagining all the updates, fixes, and even new features with all these mistakenly hidden procs, it'll be awesome!