Are there engineering items that push vending machines?

Discussion in 'Dungeons of Dredmor General' started by Wootah, Dec 26, 2012.

1. Wootah

Wootah Member

I could have sworn that engineering bombs pushed things in previous patches. But I made concussion bombs and they don't move vending machines.

Screenshot included. Suggestions please

Fungal
    Vampire
    Tinkering
    Shield Bearer
    Master of Arms
    Tourist
    Communism

Attached Files:

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  2. Essence

Essence Will Mod for Digglebucks

That's not a random machine -- that's part of the room xml, and I'll wager it's specifically set to 'unpushable'. I'm afraid you'll just have to that one be.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  3. Wolg

Wolg Member

That one's a teleport check. Inside the space I believe there is a lever that destroys the machine, so those who get in there by blink curse, instability potion or other single-use methods don't get stuck.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  4. Wootah

Wootah Member

I knew it wasn't random.Making it unpushable is kind of lame. Especially when I have an quest that is near impossible to complete with my build.

Null and OmniaNigrum like this.
  5. Vitellozzo

Vitellozzo Member

It's a Vaults of Maslech room, and that mod is made so you cannot complete certain rooms without the proper skillset.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  6. Wootah

Wootah Member

But this is an unmodded game.
    version 1.1.2

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  7. OmniaNigrum

OmniaNigrum Member

Then it cannot be VoM. To be honest I see nothing there that singles out VoM. What are you seeing Vitellozzo?

Wootah likes this.
  8. Wootah

Wootah Member

Well, being teleport specific is fine, this is the third time I saw it, but the first time i had the materials to waste on bombs. I was however very disappointing when it wasn't displaced and nothing I could do would break the localized walls.

Being teleport specific really limits the number of skill trees that work to a handful. I think I had this problem before with some of the weapon skills that didn't push the vending machines. Oh well. It is just one quest item. Hopefully it doesn't happen to many more times. I already missed out on a zoo when I couldn't find the last monsterafter an hour wandering, and that is on NTTG. Wish they could get marked.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  9. SkyMuffin

SkyMuffin Member

There's a bug that has been in the game for several versions now where loading a save will occasionally stop objects from being movable-- mostly grates but also the vending machine for that room. I've had times when it the machine movable and times when it was not.

Bohandas, OmniaNigrum and Essence like this.
  10. TheKirkUnited

TheKirkUnited Member

Alternatively, you can destroy the walls with Bolts of Destruction or the Golemancy tree topper.

OmniaNigrum likes this.