Aquaman's Item Mod Shop

Discussion in 'Mod Releases' started by Aquaman, Jan 20, 2012.

1. Loswaith

Loswaith Member

More ideas, I'd mod them myself but why have yet another item mod floating about :)
    Item Name: The Pen​
    Type: Mace​
    Description: Mightier than the Sword!​
    Price: ??​
    Damage: 1:dmg_piercing: 15:dmg_existential:
    Power(s): 25% chance of Shroud of Darkness
    Craft-able: 2 Inky Hoglantern + Brass Parts + Aluminum Tube (Tinkering 3)​
    Item Name: Pen-Sword​
    Type: Sword​
    Description: Mightier than the pen​
    Damage: 2:dmg_piercing: 6:dmg_slashing: 15:dmg_existential:
    Power(s): 25% chance of Shroud of Darkness
    Craft-able: Pen + Steel Sword + Brass Parts (Smithing(4) and/or Tinkering (4))​

Item Name: Sticks and Stones​
    Type: Thrown​
    Description: Good for breaking bones.​
    Damage: 2:dmg_crushing: 2:dmg_piercing:
    Power(s): 50% chance of Crippling Wound​
    Craft-able: ??​

Item Name: "Names"​
    Type: Thrown​
    Description: Contrary to rumor they hurt more than sticks and stones.​
    Damage: 10:dmg_existential:
    Power(s): Easy Target Curse​
    Craft-able: No​

2. Ryvian

Ryvian Member

Hahahaha, these are pretty hilarious. Props.

3. Velorien

Velorien Member

Item Name: The Necronomicon​
    Part: Tome​
    Description: That is not dead which can eternal lie, and with strange aeons even death may die. Not suitable for children under the age of 12000 due to extreme dimensional hazard.​
    Stats: 6:dmg_existential: 6:dmg_necromatic: 6:dmg_transmutative:
    Power(s): On melee hit, 25% Deathly Hex, 15% Nightmare Curse, 5% Eldritch Inhabitation, 1% Tenebrous Rift (yes, at melee range)​
    Item Name: HEV Mark VI​
    Part: Chest​
    Description: The HEV Mark VI hazardous environment suit is designed to protect the wearer from a variety of dangers commonly encountered in hazardous environments, such as toxins, energy discharges, corrosive fluids and diggles. However, it also muffles any attempts at speech, and therefore the casting of spells.​
    Defense: 3:resist_acidic: 3:resist_toxic: 3:resist_voltaic: 3:resist_conflagratory: 3:resist_blast: 3:resist_hyperborean: 6:resist_piercing: 6:block: 10:armor_asorb:
    Power(s): 100% Antimagic Field on wearer​
    Craft-able: Brigandine + Copper Wire + Voltaic Cell + Tinkerer's Goggles (Tinkering 5)​
    Item Name: Death Note​
    Part: Tome​
    Description: The monster whose name is written in this book shall die. Eventually.​
    Stats: :resist_nercomatic:3 :dmg_necromatic:3​
    Power(s): On melee hit, debuff "40 Seconds" - on Turn 10, deal 999:dmg_necromatic: to target (no effect on undead).​

Item Name: Whack-a-Mole Hammer​
    Type: Mace​
    Description: This weapon's devastating power is matched only by the psychological agony of using it. On the plus side, it trains up nimbleness like nothing else.​
    Damage: 25:dmg_crushing:
    Stats: 6:nimbleness:
    Power(s): On melee hit, 50% Froda's Jump Discontinuity on monster (even better, is it possible to have this trigger *instead* of the damage with a 50% chance? If so, you could up the damage and do that instead)​
    Craft-able: Dwarven Whifflemaul + Parachute Pants (Smithing 5)​

Klokinator likes this.
  4. Ryvian

Ryvian Member

Item Name: The Ballista​
    Type: Crossbow​
    Description: A mighty siege machine, made into a portable death delivery system, now with impaling features!​
    Price: 27000​
    Damage: 18:dmg_piercing: , 8 :dmg_crushing:
    Power(s):-1:nimbleness:, -3:edr:, -3:sneakiness:, +3:melee_power:
    crossbowHit, chance to trigger a Thibault's Trompement type spell, piercing the target and any two targets behind it, dealing and extra 24 piercing damage to those 3 targets, counts as an attack (attack="1") hoperfully, triggers any bolt specific effects as well.​
    Craft-able: Steel Recurve Crossbow, Clockwork Power Limb, Giant Wrench​

5. AvzinElkein

AvzinElkein Member

Melee power won't do anything to a crossbow.

6. Ryvian

Ryvian Member

Quite aware of that, I just wanted to keep the component effect from Clockwork Power Limb

7. Onamar

Onamar Member

Item Name: Excalibur
    Type: Mace
    Description: "It's a shame that they never managed to get it out of that rock."
    Price: ???
    Damage: 23 :dmg_crushing:, 5 :dmg_righteous:
    Powers: +7 :edr:, +1 :burliness:, Artifact Quality 7
    Craft-able: Yes, Self Righteous Sword of White Lies + Knightly Sword + Giant Stone Club

Item Name: Sheath of Excalibur
    Type: Ring (Renamed to Sheath)
    Description: "Said to prevent its holder from being harmed in combat. It's strange how so many people only care about the sword, huh?"
    Defense: +3 :armor_asorb:, +10 :block:,
    Powers: +6 :life_regen:, Artifact Quality 6. You have a small chance on being hit, maybe around 5%, to grant you +3 :armor_asorb: and a small HoT for 5 turns. Does not stack.
    Craft-able: No

Item Name: Caledfwlch
    Type: Sword
    Description: "Clearly a sword for kings who actually know how to use one."
    Damage: +27 :dmg_slashing:, +11 :dmg_piercing:
    Powers: +5 :crit:, +5:counter:, +5 :edr: You have a chance on attacking or being hit, around 5% on attacks and 10% on taking damage, to gain the "Blood of Kings" buff, which gives you +1 :melee_power:, +1 :crit:, +1 :counter: , and +1 :edr: for 5 turns. It also stacks indefinitely, but the 5 turn limit should keep it from getting too out of hand.
    Craftable: Yes, Excalibur + Savvarius, Greatsword of the Amusin Clan + Doul's Possible Sword

Note: I sort of tried to make Caledfwlch SLIGHTLY better than Savvarius, basically it has a cool buff and slightly better stats, but no Artifact powers. On one hand, it won't ever come with generally useful stuff like Trap Affinity unless you Krong it, but on the other hand, everything on it will always be useful for Warriors. Feel free to tweak it a bit if you feel it's overpowered/underpowered. Oh, and by the way, Caledfwlch's sprite should be just a plain looking broadsword, and if you could make the "Blood of Kings" buff icon a picture of Freddy Mercury, it would be perfect.

Edit: Inspiration has struck!

Item Name: Critical Tomatoes
    Type: Thrown
    Description: "These tomatoes fly at incredibly high velocity at the source of bad jokes. Someone has stamped the number 504 on the side."
    Damage: 5 :dmg_crushing:, 1 :dmg_putrefying:
    Powers: 100% chance to lower an enemy's :armor_asorb: and :block: by a decent amount. They could maybe have a 20% chance to "splat" and give the same debuff to enemies standing nearby your target.
    Craftable: No

If anyone knows what the tomatoes are a reference to, you get a free hi-five.

Wi§p likes this.
  8. Aquaman

Aquaman Member

This seems to have caught on rather quickly. I can start working on items as soon as I fix a few bugs, but I need some help on this.

When throwing a Diggle-Bone the game crashes. I have been able to duplicate it multiple times but do not know the cause. If anyone can duplicate this or even look at the code and find whats wrong I would appreciate it because it looks like things should work.

Worst case scenario I comment it out, but then the possibility of future thrown items I create being bugged would still remain.

Thoughts on Item Balancing
    If you ever come across an item that seems overpowered please let me know as I can easily tweak things.​
    Notice on Items With On-Hit Effects
    Buffs and de-buffs I can do rather easily, but I have not yet mingled in AOE spells. Or ranged spells for example: wands. Mainly due to animation effects.​
    As far as buffs are concerned I can get away with no animations much easier than with other spells.​
    Adamantine & Chitin Suggestions
    Any ideas of items that are made of these materials? Adamantine is a mid/late game high quality metal. Chitin will be more of an early/mid game quality.​
    Similarly Adamantine is for warriors mostly. While Chitin is intended for rougues.​
    Wizards have a new wizardly crafting material coming soon!​

9. Essence

Essence Will Mod for Digglebucks

Item Name: The Kitchen Zinc
    Type: Thrown
    Description: "Well, what did you THINK they were made out of down here?"
    Price: 240
    Damage: 8 :dmg_crushing:
    Powers: Hit="Give Me A Ring"
    Craft-able: Yes: 2 Zinc Ingots

10. Aquaman

Aquaman Member

I'm going to stop taking requests for a little bit before things get to overwhelming. Myself and MrAltamente have quite the list of items to work on.

Any requests following this post will be considered but are not going to be started until we get caught up with current requests and a few personal items to put some crafting materials in the last update to use.

Status Update
    • Two new necklaces/amulets are nearly finished!
    • Thrown items bug potentially solved.
    • Spells!!! Spells!! and, more Spells are being worked on!!!!

11. Ryvian

Ryvian Member

As for items and crafts, I can submit to you the code directly, though I'm far too lazy to make icons for them haha.

12. Aquaman

Aquaman Member

Haha, ok well if people want to submit the code for an item I will add it, and we can create the art for you xD

MrAltamente likes this.
  13. Ryvian

Ryvian Member

Code:
    <item name="The Ballista" iconFile="items/the_ballista.png" level="10" type="4">
    <price amount="2700" />
    <weapon piercing="18" crushing="8" />
      <primarybuff id="2" amount="-1" />
    <secondarybuff id="9" amount="-3" />  <!--  EDR  -->
    <secondarybuff id="12" amount="-5" />  <!--  sneakiness  -->
    <description text=" A mighty siege machine, made into a portable death delivery system, now with impaling features! ." />
    <crossbowShotBuff name="Impale" percentage="25" />
    </item>

- <spell name="Impale" downtime="3" type="template templateID="03" icon="skills/impale.png" attack="1">
      <description text="A mighty bolt, launched from a monstrous device that can pierce multiple targets at once." />
      <effect type="damage"piercing="24" />
      <anim sprite="sprites/sfx/impact_piercing/impact_piercing" frames="3" sfx="impact" framerate="100" centerEffect="0" />
      </spell>

MrAltamente and Aquaman like this.
  14. Loswaith

Loswaith Member

Im happy enough to write up the xml for my ideas, though it will likely take a few days before I can get to them. While competent at xml I have yet to mod anything for dredmor so may take a few days to get them all done as well.

Sugestions or guides as to costs and artifact levels to set items too would be of assistance as I realy have no clue what amount is best for those.

15. Ryvian

Ryvian Member

Well for yours, they'd be pretty high level. Existential being a rare element, with few enemies having any resistance to it until the very low levels IIRC. Cosbian Horror, Tesseract and nether cube and the other cube slimes are the only creatures with resistance to existential.

16. lccorp2

lccorp2 Member

Hmm, when you guys are finished, would you mind taking orders for art for a full set of armour?

17. Loswaith

Loswaith Member

Good to know about the existential damage being rare, I'll keep it in mind. I chose it for the theme, given they are conceptually dangerous rather than being of some raw power.

18. Aquaman

Aquaman Member

Semi-Significant Update.

• No new items, however there were multiple bug fixes involving:
    • Fixed thrown weapon bugs
    • Fixed crafting bugs
    • tweaked some prices
    • and some other small balancing tweaks

19. Loswaith

Loswaith Member

The XML for my items so far, hopefully its all good.
    Not usre if thrown items can have a percentage chance property added to them for the hit efffect, so I excluded it from Sticks and stones so it just does it on hit.
    Also I excluded the visual debuff from the pen weapons as I have no idea if it's of any effect on a monster let alone of any real use in melee anyway and the basic damage does the theme anyway.

Code:
    <item name="New Royal Tunic" iconFile="item/royal_tunic.png" >
        <price amount="4000" />
        <armour level="7" type="chest" />
        <secondarybuff id="6" amount="5" /><!-- dodge -->
        <secondarybuff id="3" amount="5" /><!-- EDR -->
        <primarybuff id="3" amount="4" /><!-- CAD -->
        <primarybuff id="5" amount="-2" /><!-- SAVVY -->
        <resistbuff existential="2" />
        <description text="A tunic fit only for kings and emperors, showing you in all your glory.  Realy it's the bestest outfit ever... honest!" />
    </item>
    <item name="New Royal Breeches" iconFile="item/royal_breeches.png" >
        <price amount="4000" />
        <armour level="7" type="legs" />
        <secondarybuff id="6" amount="5" /><!-- dodge -->
        <secondarybuff id="3" amount="5" /><!-- EDR -->
        <primarybuff id="3" amount="4" /><!-- CAD -->
        <resistbuff existential="2" />
        <description text="Breeches fit only for kings and emperors, showing you in all your glory.  Realy it's the bestest outfit ever... honest!" />
    </item>
    <item name="Strange Blue Hood" iconFile="item/blue_hood.png" >
        <price amount="10389" />
        <armour level="9" type="head" />
        <secondarybuff id="10" amount="2" /><!-- armour absorption -->
        <secondarybuff id="6" amount="2" /><!-- dodge -->
        <secondarybuff id="3" amount="-4" /><!-- magic power -->
        <secondarybuff id="14" amount="-1" /><!-- mana regen -->
        <primarybuff id="0" amount="6" /><!-- BURL -->
        <resistbuff crushing="2" piercing="2" />
        <description text="Weaing this hood comples you to yell 'Spoooooon!' and charge into battle." />
    </item>
    <item name="Strange Blue Shirt" iconFile="item/blue_shirt.png" >
        <price amount="19860" />
        <armour = level="10" type="chest" />
        <secondarybuff id="10" amount="10" /><!-- armour absorption -->
        <secondarybuff id="7" amount="8" /><!-- block -->
        <secondarybuff id="3" amount="-10" /><!-- magic power -->
        <secondarybuff id="14" amount="-3" /><!-- mana regen -->
        <primarybuff id="0" amount="12" /><!-- BURL -->
        <primarybuff id="5" amount="-6" /><!-- SAVVY -->
        <resistbuff crushing="4" piercing="4" />
        <description text="This strange blue shirt lets you shrug off damage as if you were a superhero... yea, a superhero." />
    </item>
    <item name="Strange Blue Pants" iconFile="item/blue_pants.png" >
        <price amount="19860" />
        <armour = level="9" type="legs" />
        <secondarybuff id="10" amount="6" /><!-- armour absorption -->
        <secondarybuff id="3" amount="-6" /><!-- magic power -->
        <secondarybuff id="14" amount="-3" /><!-- mana regen -->
        <primarybuff id="0" amount="6" /><!-- BURL -->
        <primarybuff id="2" amount="6"/><!-- NIMB -->
        <primarybuff id="5" amount="-4" /><!-- SAVVY -->
        <resistbuff crushing="4" piercing="4" />
        <description text="These strange blue pants propel you into battle with speed and... um... daring... yea, daring." />
    </item>
    <item name="The Pen" iconFile="item/pen.png" level="8" type="2" craftoutput="1" >
        <price amount="18390" />
        <weapon piercing="1" existential="15" />
        <description text="Mightier than the sword." />
    </item>
    <item name="Pen-Sword" iconFile="item/pensword.png" level="9" type="0" craftoutput="1" >
        <price amount="31337" />
        <weapon piercing="2" slashing="6" existential="15" />
        <description text="Mightier than the pen" />
    </item>
    <item name="Sticks and Stones" iconFile="item/thrown_sticksstones.png" level="5" type="5">
        <price amount="18" />
        <weapon crushing="2" piercing="2" thrown="item/thrown_sticksstones.png" hit="Crippling Wound" />
        <description text="Good for breaking bones." />
    </item>
    <item name="'Names'" iconFile="item/thrown_names.png" level="8" type="5" >
        <price amount="101" />
        <weapon existential="10" thrown="item/thrown_names.png" hit="Easy Target Curse" />
        <description text="Contrary to rumour they hurt more than sticks and stones" />
    </item>

<!-- Crafts -->
    <craft>
        <output skill="3" name="The Pen" />
        <tool tag="tinkering" />
        <input name="Inky Hoglantern" />
        <input name="Inky Hoglantern" />
        <input name="Brass Parts" />
        <input name="Aluminium Tube" />
    </craft>
    <craft>
        <output skill="4" name="Pen-Sword" />
        <tool tag="smithing" />
        <input name="The Pen" />
        <input name="Steel Sword" />
    </craft>
    <craft>
        <output skill="4" name="Pen-Sword" />
        <tool tag="tinkering" />
        <input name="The Pen" />
        <input name="Steel Sword" />
    </craft>
    Edit: Fixed screwed up item closing tags

Ryvian and MrAltamente like this.
  20. spikeof2010

spikeof2010 Member

Item Name: Headie's Axe​
    Type: Axe​
    Description: Headie never understood his name, he did cut his head off with this axe​
    Price: 1534​
    Damage: 6:dmg_necromatic: ,7:dmg_blast:
    Power(s):20:burliness:
    Craft-able: no​