Agar Aguardian Form

Discussion in 'Mod Releases' started by FaustoMartense, Jul 5, 2012.

1. Agar Aguardian

LVL0 Initial spell.
    Initial skill to polymorph into Agar Aguardian. While polymorphed you gain HP (5), HP Regeneration (5), Dodge (-1), Block (-1), Armour (2), Acidic Damage [1], Crushing [1] and Acidic Resistance (2).

LVL1 (Polymorphed only)
    Acidic spit is a missile spell that causes acid damage. It uses MP and Scales with Saavy.
    Also, you got a bonus of Saavy (5), MP (5), MP Recovery (5), Block (-1) and Dodge (-1).

LVL2 (Polymorphed only)
    Acid Aura adds three different passive attacks, one when you get hit that triggers the spell Acid Splash doing acidic damage at everything around you, other that leaves a pool of acid below the enemy and the last one that dissolves the corpses to regain HP.
    Also, a stats boost of Acidic Damage [1], Toxic Damage [1], Acidic Resistance (1), Toxic Resistance (1), Putrefying Resistance (1), Conflagratory Resistance (-1) and Hyperborean Resistance (-1).

LVL3 (Polymorphed only)
    Acid Mine. With this skill you can place a mine around you. It comsume MP and deals acidic damage.
    Also boosts HP (5), Acidic Resistance (1), Toxic Resistance (1) and Putrefying Resistance (1).

LVL4 (Polymorphed only)
    Midnight Snack. You can eat any item to get a random food bonus.
    Boosts Crushing Damage [2], Acidic Resistance (1), Toxic Resistance (1) and Putrefying Resistance (1).

LVL5 (Polymorphed only)
    Grappling Tentacle. It causes acidic damage along with confusion while pulling the target toward you.
    Boosts HP (5), Armour (3), Crushing Damage [2], Toxic Damage [1], Crushing Resistance (2) and Toxic Resistance (1).

LVL6 (Polymorphed only)
    Giant Ball of Spit. Causes acidic damage over a big area comparable to Acid Proyector.
    Boosts Saavy (5), MP (5), MP Recovery (5), Conflagratory Resistance (-2) and Hyperborean Resistance (-2).

LVL7 Replaces Initial Form.
    Improved version of the Agar Aguardian Form. You can be in Agar Aguardian form for as much as you want but of course you cant use other skills. While polymorphed you gain HP (10), HP Regeneration (10), Dodge (-3), Block (-3), Armour (5), Acidic Damage [2], Crushing [2], Acidic Resistance (4), Conflagratory Resistance (-3) and Hyperborean Resistance (-3). The Stats Boost is greater than the first polymorphing spell but also adds more weakness to two common damages, Conflagratory and Hyperborean.

Total Stats Boosts (only Polymorphed and assuming you are using the LVL7 spell to polymorph.
    SecondaryBuff
    HP (20), HP Regeneration (10), Dodge (-4), Block (-4) , Armour (8), Saavy (10), MP (10), MP Regeneration (10)
    DamageBuff
    Acidic Damage [3], Crushing Damage[6], Toxic Damage [2]
    ResistBuff
    Resist Acidic (7), Resist Toxic (4), Resist Putrefying (3), Resist Conflagatory (-6), Resist Hyperborean (-6), Resist Crushing (2)

CHANGE LOG:
    1.0.0 Published.
    1.0.1 Added a LVL6 Ability: Grappling Sticky Tentacle. Changed the physical mine to a magic one you cant disarm and moved the Acid Mine to the LVL3.
    1.0.2 Added a weak HP gain after each kill with melee (LVL0). (uses targetadjacentcorpe)
    1.0.3 Added some art and a LVL7 spell: Acid Aura [Thanks Zellking!]
    1.0.4 Erased Acid Aura. Too powerfull :/ and buggy.
    1.0.5 Changed Sticky Skin for Acid Aura (not the same as before) and took off most of the boosts. Just let the acid ones.
    1.0.6 Change the order of Giant Ball of Spit and Sticky Tentacle.
    1.0.7 Added necessary buff for each level. Disolve Fleash, Acid Splash and Weakish Acidish Poolish now triggers only while on Agar Aguardian mode.
    1.0.8 Stats boost shows corectly on the skill tome. Added LVL7 spell, improved Agar Aguardian form. Changed Corrosive Painting for Midnight Snack.
    1.0.9 Boosted damage on spells and fixed scaling.

I am going to keep just the last three versions in here, if you want a older version please ask it by PM.

You can Suscribe to this mod in the Steam Workshop: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=89092434
    -

Attached Files:

Daynab likes this.
  2. zellking

zellking Member

For the fifth skill, rather then just summoning a trap, you may want to make a modified spell trap as it might be exploitable (what with meltdown potentially having the ability to break up traps), and make it work the same way rune of exploding (Promethean magic) works. if you where meaning to do that (its not explained too well with that), my bad.
    that or just make a modified trap with stupidly high (thinking in the hundreds here) trap affinity requirement so it can not be picked up.

3. Cullen

Cullen Member

here's my what i think slime should do(just opinion. really. i'm saying this without playing this. so i don't know about balance)

imho use hp and drain(fill) it from.. something(can be skill damages, or corpse, or per hit, or when kill? etc)

Baby slime. Add jelly bomb or jelly potion or slime hp scales to half of hero max hp and grow up per turn

Dash x squares and some acid damage and make acid pool. (what is current scale? magic power? imho max hp is better)

Take fire damage and Increase Fire damage(blaze? maybe should deal same damage as lose to per attack or as aura or something) or aura fire damage

Grab? paralyze target or suction target or something

Turn hero into target. (Turn into death. this effect only start when target is death(with texa). Turn into diggle. this effect only start when target is diggle(with texa). etc. i didn't test about this so not sure this would work.)

Cause Acid pool on random square.

4. You are right Zellking, I wanted to do something like the promethean mine but for some reason I totally forgot that skill. I will change it later. Maybe I can move the Fifth attack to a earlier level, for the mine to have some purpose.

Cullen. I love your ideas but I am afraid I do not know how to implement some of them.
    Right now there is no scaling, I should add it but I am not sure which attribute to pick.

An acidic aura would be great. How can I do it?

The dash sounds like a awesome idea to escape a pinch. Maybe I can based it on the Clockwork Knight jump. (It do not use diagonals) but I do not know how to create acids pools in the tiles between the starter point and the final position. Is there a way to actually do a dash or would it be limited to a teleport like spell where the character dissappears?

Grab sounds like something I can implement. I guess.

And was already toying with the idea of dissolve corpses for HP.

Thanks for the ideas! They are pretty awesome.

5. zellking

zellking Member

to roughly answer two of them points
    acidic aura i imagine would be a buff, and it would keep triggering a spell for aoe acid damage
    a rough method of doing it is shown in the text document attached
    the dot effect makes it trigger the spell repeatedly, meaning the buff does not actually need to last
    theres a suction effect as well actually, never tried using it, but it's listed here:
    http://dredmod.com/wiki/Spell_Effects

Attached Files:

6. Thanks Zellking. I will implement it later. Maybe with an acidic damage of 1... 5 seems too overpowered for the initial levels. Perhaps I can start it in 1 and scale it with one of the attributes...

I also added the buff <targetKillBuff percentage="100" name="Disolve Flesh" /> to trigger the next spell...

Code:
    <spell name="Disolve Flesh" type="target" >
      <effect type="drain" necromantic="3" taxa="Animal" piercingF="0.25" sfx="fleshbore" />
      <effect type="drain" necromantic="3" taxa="Demon" piercingF="0.25" sfx="fleshbore" />
      <effect type="drain" necromantic="3" taxa="Other" piercingF="0.25" sfx="fleshbore" />
      <effect type="drain" necromantic="3" taxa="Animal" />
      </spell>
    But it do not seem to trigger. The message Disolve Flesh appear on each kill, but I do not get the HP drain.

Forget it. Maybe I do not get the drain because the target is already dead. I will try with a weaker drain while the target is still alive. -__-

7. Cullen

Cullen Member

Did you use dot? i think it may cleaned by uncurse(cure, etc). so i think trigger is better

Use heal. target already dead so cannot drain from corpse.(unless target revive before trigger is activate.. or there's one more diggle behind dead diggle) it's appear on each kill means it's work well. change target to self and Effect type to heal and necromantic to amount.. or uh what was that.. something seems goes wrong. maybe pull blood magic? I didn't test about this so this is very.. theoretical. I think this just make confuse. change it to heal -> mess with blood mana.

Trigger Disolve Flesh when kill. -> if target was Animal or demon etc. heal.

<spell name="Blood Mana" type="self" icon="skills/skill_bloodmagic.png" >
    <effect percent="100" type="spellpoints" amount="1" amountF="0.05" taxa="Animal" />
    <effect percent="100" type="spellpoints" amount="1" amountF="0.05" taxa="Demon" />
    <effect percent="100" type="spellpoints" amount="1" amountF="0.05" taxa="Other" />
    </spell>
    like this?

maybe this method can make Trigger Buff Scales to hero Stat! Summon weird but unique thing -> Damage target scales to hero stat -> if there's weird thing's corpse. trigger buff(should repeat this for more scales). if not. kill it but no buff. Edit : maybe this is better : Make a Skill that trigger every kill. But real Effect is start when weird thing is killed. this spell shouldn't have any name except spacing so don't show up anything when monsters killed

also i think poly morph to target is not so hard. see this.
    <spell name="Soul Steal" type="self" >
    <effect type="trigger" spell="Stolen Soul" taxa="Animal" />
    <effect type="trigger" spell="Stolen Soul" taxa="Demon" />
    <effect type="trigger" spell="Stolen Soul" taxa="Other" />
    </spell>

looks very interesting! maybe use this method to aura and if there's death. increase necro resist. diggle. Increase Piercing resist. or holy damage to demon and death. or something more!

Burn Front AFTER Teleport. so this will cause Dash -> front burns. means broken. but still cool

Code:
    <spell name="Slippery" anchored="1" downtime="12" type="template" templateID="32" icon="skills/rogue/skill_stealth3_32.png">
    <description text="It's all right, you move in mysterious ways. Perfect for the inconspicuous exit from the scene of a crime."/>
    <effect type="damage" slashing="3" slashingF="0.7" primaryScale="2" />
    <effect type="teleport"/>
    <effect type="trigger" spell="Fire maker 1" />
    <effect type="trigger" spell="Fire maker 2" />
    <effect type="trigger" spell="Fire maker 3" />
    <anim sprite="sprites/sfx/null" frames="1" framerate="1" sfx="blades"/>
    </spell>

<spell name="Fire maker 1" anchored="1" downtime="12" type="template" templateID="30" icon="skills/rogue/skill_stealth3_32.png">
    <description text="It's all right, you move in mysterious ways. Perfect for the inconspicuous exit from the scene of a crime."/>
    <effect type="trigger" spell="Fire 0" />
    </spell>

<spell name="Fire maker 2" anchored="1" downtime="12" type="template" templateID="31" icon="skills/rogue/skill_stealth3_32.png">
    </spell>

<spell name="Fire maker 3" anchored="1" downtime="12" type="template" templateID="32" icon="skills/rogue/skill_stealth3_32.png">
    </spell>

How to fix it? just Drag teleport effect and ctrl + x and paste it in the ends of Effects(ctrl + v)

Code:
    <spell name="Slippery" anchored="1" downtime="12" type="template" templateID="32" icon="skills/rogue/skill_stealth3_32.png">
    </spell>

If you wanna see dashing. make it like this.

Code:
    Sry. need Snip for edit<blahblah/>
    </spell>

<spell name="Fire maker 1" anchored="1" downtime="12" type="template" templateID="30" icon="skills/rogue/skill_stealth3_32.png">
    </spell>

<spell name="Fire maker 2" anchored="1" downtime="12" type="template" templateID="31" icon="skills/rogue/skill_stealth3_32.png">
    </spell>

<spell name="Fire maker 3" anchored="1" downtime="12" type="template" templateID="32" icon="skills/rogue/skill_stealth3_32.png">
    </spell>

teleport to target -> attack target sample

Code:

<!-- Rush to Target -->
    <spell name="Rush" downtime="15" type="targetmonster" icon="skills/shunpo32_3.png" >
        <effect type="damage" slashing="3" slashingF="0.3" primaryScale="2" />
        <effect type="trigger" spell="Rush Bash" />
        <anim sprite="sprites/sfx/null" frames="1" framerate="70" sfx="blade"/>
      </spell>

<!-- Back 1 Square and Attack mobs --!>
    <spell name="Rush Bash" downtime="24" type="template" templateID="1260" icon="skills/shunpo32.png" anchored="1" >
        <effect type="trigger" spell="Test" />
        <effect type="trigger" spell="Bash Effect" />
        <anim sprite="sprites/sfx/null" frames="1" framerate="1" sync="1" sfx="blade"/>
      </spell>

<spell name="Bash Effect" downtime="20" type="template" templateID="1261" anchored="1" wand="0" icon="skills/bladewave32.png">
      <effect type="damage" slashing="1" slashingF="0.5" primaryscale="2"/>
      <anim sprite="sprites/sfx/null" frames="1" framerate="10" sfx="blade"/>
      <description text="placeholder"/>
      </spell>

<spell name="Test" downtime="23" type="target" anchored="1" icon="skills/razorwind32.png" wand="1">
    <effect type="trigger" spell="Test 2" amount="0" />
    <anim sprite="sprites/sfx/impact_slash/impact_slash" frames="6" framerate="100" sfx="blade" centerEffect="1"/>
      <description text="You can belch forth a jet of flame, not unlike that incident with the wager involving an entire barrel of Dwarven Rum. It sets anything in the way, including the floor, on fire."/>
      </spell>

<spell name="Test 2" downtime="23" type="template" templateID="30" anchored="1" icon="skills/razorwind32.png" Attack="1">
    <anim sprite="sprites/sfx/null" frames="1" framerate="10" sfx="blade" centerEffect="1"/>
      <description text="You can belch forth a jet of flame, not unlike that incident with the wager involving an entire barrel of Dwarven Rum. It sets anything in the way, including the floor, on fire."/>
      </spell>

8. FaxCelestis

FaxCelestis Will Mod for Digglebucks

Your bonus damages and resist penalties are massive. Cut them down to 1 at low levels and 2 at higher ones.

9. @Cullen: I am still trying to process all the info you posted.

@Fax: I will change it right away :)

10. Vitellozzo

Vitellozzo Member

I think those passive bonuses should be made visible, since I got confused this morning when polimorphing into the agar and suddenly more mana for me.
    I though that maybe it could be for a malus on mp that disapeared with the transformation, but I had no penality from my other skill trees. And then I figured the description of the spells on the hotkey bar having the effective stat bonus descriptions (maybe you just confused the two descriptions, the one in the K menu and the other on the hotkey bar).
    :edit: I just modified the skilldb and got it to work (it just had double code for the skillname).
    Here I attach the modified skilldb, if you're interested.

Attached Files:

11. @Vitellozzo: I had fixed that mistake since the 1.0.8 version... are you using the a previous version? I tested it anyway and I am seeing the bonuses in the skill tome before and after leveling up.

Anyway I am going to look into your code, maybe I messed my own code somehow :) Thanks for the advise.

12. Vitellozzo

Vitellozzo Member

At first I was using an older version, but I noticed newer versions. I still couldn't see the bonuses, but maybe I didn't noticed the newer version.
    Testing it as soon as possible.
    Anyway, it was a minor problem, it's a great mod and I'm enjoying being a large flesh-dissolving mint-tasted gelatinous cube.

13. Haha. I am glad you liked it. Give the 1.0.9 version a try, it add some mayor changes in scales/bonus to improve the useness of the skill tree late in the game, plus a final Agar Aguardian form (more powerful).

Yesterday I tested 1.0.9 and the skill bonus seems to be showing correctly in the skill tome. I am sure 1.0.8 also shows the bonuses, but I can be wrong :)

14. Vitellozzo

Vitellozzo Member

Ok, so I think I found the problem.
    I discovered just yesterday that a savegame saves its mods with it, so you cannot change those within the game. And I had a game with the 1.0.7 version, when I discovered the problem, and then I tried updating the mod with your newer version, the bonuses didn't poped up, so I changed the xml myself, without trying it as it is now, with the update.
    Still, I don't get why there are 2 lines for most of the skills in the skilldb, never saw this format before.
    Also, I would change the " " spell name into something which will not create problems with other mods, since I saw in other threads the possibility of creating a spell without name. And Kazeto suggested to name those spells with something like
    (yes, I know kazeto suggested with the "v" instead of "x" ^^) or something like that, that hopefully will not show any names without compatibility issues.

Kazeto likes this.
  15. Believe me, I tried with one line for each skill but they just do not show while polymorphed... the double line is the only fix I could think to make it work. I checked WereDiggle and it uses a single line... but if I use that coding, it doesnt work :(

Yeah, I feared it could have problems with other mods... thats why I used several blank spaces for each spell instead of a single one, to avoid problems. I need these invisible spells, otherwise all the triggeronhit and triggeronkill will trigger even while not polymorphed. I will try with letters later :) It is a good advise.

16. Vitellozzo

Vitellozzo Member

It's strange that a spell trigger on polimorph or not just because off the name.
    Also, in the xml I attached before, I've managed to get things working with just a single line. It's based on the last build, so it's good as it is, but you can just see the code. Also, I just deleted the first line of those skills. Things worked.

17. No, it is not about the name... First I used the spell directly, triggeronhit triggered the acid pool for example, but I have no way to tell the spell to not trigger while not polymorphed so I created these two blank spells that trigger in both forms, while polymorphed and while not. These two spells trigger the other spell that checks if you are polymorphed or not, if you are, it triggers the correct spell.

So when you deleted the first line... were you able to see the bonus stats on the skill tome before leveling up? were the stats bonuses only applied while polymorphed? were the spells added to the skill slots while polymorphed? If all these things are working correctly then I can erase the fist line. :) I tried with one line, but it did not work... I was really puzzled by that negation to function properly but since it worked with two lines... I just gave up but it would be great to make it work as it should.

Thanks a lot for all the feedback and patient :) It really helps to improve this and my future mods.

Vitellozzo likes this.
  18. Vitellozzo

Vitellozzo Member

Since I'm currently running a full polimorph character, skillpoints must be chosen wisely. So I've just spent only one level on the agar form, and I didn't saw if the points are only for polimorph.
    It should be, since werediggle gives passive stat bonuses, without lot's of codes, but we will see. As for as the aura, I have to look at the code better.