[1.0.8] Monstrous Menagerie! [v0.1]

Discussion in 'Mod Releases' started by FaxCelestis, Dec 21, 2011.

1. FaxCelestis

FaxCelestis Will Mod for Digglebucks

This mod adds 9 monsters across 4 types to the game.

We have two kinds of Poorly Made Clones:
    [​IMG][​IMG]

...the Diggle Mage:
    [​IMG]

...the Devil's Haircut:
    [​IMG]

...and five kinds of Graviton:
    [​IMG]

Be warned, these are tough monsters that have been largely unplaytested. The diggle mage, in particular, is extraordinarily annoying.

You can get the mod here.

KNOWN ISSUES:
    • Some sound effects don't appear to work. FOX'D
    • Graviton's and Hydra's palette shift doesn't function. Wrong kind of png, will need to fix by hand when I can figure out how to get GIMP to do that, or bribe someone with Photoshop to do it for me.
    • The raven sits really low on its square. Will have to move it up. FOX'D

2. FaxCelestis

Note: if something is wtfborked, let me know and I'll fix it.

3. FaxCelestis

Okay, v0.2 now includes the common raven:
    [​IMG]
    ...and four kinds of hydra (vulgar, cryo, pyro, and astro. Be warned, astrohydras can stun you!)
    [​IMG]
    New download link is here. HERE for reals

4. ChristmasAsen

ChristmasAsen Member

Adding it now, what floor do your first customs start appearing on?

5. FaxCelestis

Raven should be 1, clones and gravitons on 2, hydras on 3.

6. ChristmasAsen

ChristmasAsen Member

So far a huge negatory on any of these monsters showing up. Have you though about buffing them up (note sure if that'll be necessary or not) and giving them there own special rooms? That would be pretty badass, like random bosses!

7. FaxCelestis

That would be pretty cool. Maybe I'll make some minibosses. Have to see if there's a way to only generate specific kinds of rooms on specific floors. I think there is (like the freezer in the ice level), so we'll see.

8. FaxCelestis

Looks like there is. Let's do SCIENCE!

9. FaxCelestis

Okay, I got a hydra miniboss room to work, and to create using debug. I'll see if I can get one to appear in the game later.

10. ChristmasAsen

ChristmasAsen Member

Sweet! Hopefully this will add a new level of difficulty to the game. Monster Zoos have become commonplace and laughable.

11. FaxCelestis

0.3 can be found here. It includes two new chambers: a raven's den (floor 1), and a hydra miniboss (floor 4).

12. ChristmasAsen

ChristmasAsen Member

For your next update, can you just zip the mod folder, it's not a big deal, just a minor pain in the ass having to unzip something then rezip it.

13. Null

Null Will Mod for Digglebucks

You don't actually need to rezip, just saying. The game reads folders as well.

14. ChristmasAsen

ChristmasAsen Member

Knowing that woulda saved me a lot of time when making Trickster D:

15. FaxCelestis

NEW VERSION HERE. Diggle Hogwarts on level 5 is particularly dangerous, so watch yourself.

16. jadkni

jadkni Member

This mod makes the game a lot more interesting in the earlier floors. I got killed on floor one by clones!

17. FaxCelestis

The clones are rather vicious if you try to get in their face, yes, but they're also pretty fragile. Stand back and snipe!

18. Austupaio

Austupaio Member

Hello, quite like your mod! My only dniggle is that the cloning rooms, while quite nifty, are incredibly common. I've played two heroes since installing, the first found 3 cloning labs on the first floor, the second found 5 cloning labs on the first floor.

It's a little intense.

I may collaborate with you at some point, but right now I'm focusing on an Item mod.

19. FaxCelestis

That's an issue with the floor generator slightly weighting towards mod-rooms over standard ones. AFAIK, it should fix next patch.

20. Austupaio

Austupaio Member

Ah, great. Thanks.