Day-To-Day Work Logs and Woot! Engine Stuff!

Discussion in 'Clockwork Empires General' started by Nicholas, Sep 19, 2012.

1. EleSigma

EleSigma Member

Both. :D The customer's eyes will be so full of geology they never be the same!

Kazeto likes this.
  2. MOOMANiBE

MOOMANiBE Ah, those were the days. Staff Member

3. Very nice. I liked the pictures in this blog post. firming up what the games going to look like.

Kazeto likes this.
  4. EleSigma

EleSigma Member

[​IMG]

Whoever made this needs to take a field trip to a carpentry workshop.

5. dbaumgart

dbaumgart Art Director Staff Member

(I realized that the Carpentry Workshop is only set up to make planks right now; having only one output product means I couldn't show how the content should flow as there are more items. Thus: switched it to Refinery halfway through.)

Kazeto likes this.
  6. Are those boxes around the outputs special or is that a normal feature? Being able to instantly tell the border from one button to the next is preferable to a more filled looking window.

Can we get a popup window describing the raws at a glance needed to make the specific product? It may get hard to tell the difference between a couple of those if the colors are nearly the same.

Kazeto likes this.
  7. Kazeto

Kazeto Member

I prefer to think that the carpenter on duty is simply so much of a badass he can operate on metals the same way he does on wood.

EleSigma likes this.
  8. Wolg

Wolg Member

Ah, JIRA. I miss it.

9. EleSigma

EleSigma Member

I have a question, a long time ago, eons before Quag'garoth made his appearance. There was this guy:
    [​IMG]
    I think he was the same horror that appeared at the end of "The Story of Shiveringhope". I always assumed he was another elder god thing, like Quag'garoth. Anyways was he ever given a name or even put in the game for that matter?

Cutter and Kazeto like this.
  10. dbaumgart

dbaumgart Art Director Staff Member

Our heads were removed from our bodies then our brains removed from out heads, the memories erased, and then our brains put back in our heads and our heads re-attached to our bodies, then we woke up in a ditch by the cabbage field.

We literally can't talk about it.

11. Kazeto

Kazeto Member

You mean they can't remove your memories without removing your brains from your heads, then?

That's ... primitive as far as eldritch abominations go.

12. Ghostwoods

Ghostwoods Member

Ah. Fungi from Yuggoth. Always an embarrassing affliction.

"I'm sorry, Danvers. I won't be able to make it tonight. [reluctant pause]. Some, ah, fungal issues."
    "Say no more, old chap."

Kazeto likes this.
  13. EleSigma

EleSigma Member

Kazeto likes this.
  14. Kazeto likes this.
  15. Jase

Jase Member

I sure hope firing a hand cannon doesn't result in horrible injuries to the brave soldier firing it.

"My arms for the empire"

Kazeto likes this.
  16. MOOMANiBE

MOOMANiBE Ah, those were the days. Staff Member

17. Xyvik

Xyvik Member

Gah! Now there's nothing to look forward to in Spring anymore. Oh well, I guess it's better to satisfy the masses who don't understand what "Alpha" means than to have a giant surge of negativity surrounding the early access.

Kazeto likes this.
  18. I think its better to wait and get a game that will really make a splash and get people talking than getting a buggy game that wasnt ready for the public. Keep up the good work Gaslamp!

Kazeto likes this.
  19. Can't say I'm not saddened by it but its probably the correct call.

Just please don't die on me like End of nations and world of darkness.

Kazeto likes this.
  20. Loerwyn

Loerwyn Member

You know, I just had a thought and I think I'd like Nicholas, David and Daniel to write a post on this relating to Clockwork Empires.

Basically with Early Access titles you find a lot of people whining that features are being added whilst bugs aren't being addressed ("omg y u no fix crash but add gamepad support????" being one I saw this morning), and I'd love to see what GLG's 'Big 3' could say in respect to that. Bug fixing isn't necessarily done by the same people who add features (esp in bigger studios), priorities, the fact you might not know what causes a bug and are investigating it, etc. - I think we all know what I'm getting at.

So... yeah. Would like to see that.

Xyvik and Kazeto like this.