Modding Requests

Discussion in 'Modding' started by J-Factor, Dec 29, 2011.

1. J-Factor

J-Factor Member

The devs have mentioned they were "leaning towards taking a handful of modder requests for 1.0.10". Right now most requests are spread around the forum in random threads. I think it'd be easier if we try to compile them all in one thread.

Post your requests here. One request per reply, to keep things organised. Maybe you can also 'like' requests that you are particularly interested in being added?

Try to keep discussion to a minimum so the thread is easy to browse.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  2. J-Factor

J-Factor Member

Scaling Factor
    All spells scale according to :magic_power:. This includes procs (such as Assassination), non-magic abilities, items, wands and traps. Instead, I'd like to be able to specify the scaling factor on a tag-by-tag basis.

Example: Et Tu? (the final Assassination proc) deals high scaling piercing damage:
    Code:
    <effect type="damage" piercing="3" piercingF="0.5" bleed="1" />
    If a 'secondaryFactor' and 'primaryFactor' attribute was added that specified a secondary/primary attribute id (similar to the way the buff tags work) we could make this ability scale according to :crit: instead:
    Code:
    <effect type="damage" piercing="3" piercingF="0.5" secondaryFactor="4" bleed="1" /> //4 = Crit

OmniaNigrum, Ryvian, Samupo and 11 others like this.
  3. J-Factor

J-Factor Member

Random Damage/Resistance types
    The Toque of Kanada gives you :resist_hyperborean:6 :
    Code:
    <resistbuff hyperborean="6"/>
    I'd like to be able to define a 'random' damage type, that is determined when the item is generated.

Example: A ring that gives you +3 resistance to a random damage type.
    Code:
    <resistbuff random="3"/>
    Example: An amulet that gives you +2 resistance to 2 random damage types:
    Code:
    <resistbuff random="2"/>
    <resistbuff random="2"/>

OmniaNigrum, Samupo, phasmy and 3 others like this.
  4. zaratustra

zaratustra Member

First, I asked for the "Trigger random spell from list" trigger to be added, and apparently it was added, except the syntax was never explained.

(Solved: <effect type="triggerfromlist"><option name="spell 1" /><option name="spell 2" /></effect>')

OmniaNigrum and Essence like this.
  5. zaratustra

zaratustra Member

Genericized item classes
    Replace the <gem/> and <mushroom/> tags with a generic <class="gem"/> tag. This would allow for more abilities that sacrifice a kind of item to use.

6. Essence

Essence Will Mod for Digglebucks

Source?

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  7. J-Factor

J-Factor Member

Removing Buffs

The only way to remove buffs at the moment is with the uncurse effect. I'd like to be able to remove specific buffs by referring to the spell name.

Example: Removing the Radiant Aura buff.
    Code:
    <effect type="removebuff" name="Radiant Aura" />

OmniaNigrum, Loren, kino5 and 2 others like this.
  8. zaratustra

zaratustra Member

Recipes exclusive to a skill
    Recipes you can only use if you have a certain skill, and that otherwise are inaccessible.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  9. Ruigi

Ruigi Will Mod for Digglebucks

Make it possible to gain knowledge of crafting recipes through gaining levels in a certain class.
    For example: Grant knowledge of the iron thorns ring recipe upon gaining level 5 in smithing.

Also make it possible for dungeon entities to grant specific item recipe knowledge.
    For example: Reading the tome of Fire or Ice grants knowledge of a random fire or ice related recipe, like the magma mace or the hyperborean potion.

OmniaNigrum, Ryvian and r_b_bergstrom like this.
  10. kitmehsu

kitmehsu Member

The addition of triggers for Counter and Block like we have for dodge, as well as an option for a trigger on target dodge/Block/counter (IE. you missed)

Also, seconding the more control on consumed items for spells, and flexible incrementing stats

OmniaNigrum, Samupo and FaxCelestis like this.
  11. Null

Null Will Mod for Digglebucks

When was this? I mean it works, which is absolutely awesome, but I'd still just like to see the source as said, simply because I'm curious.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  12. Essence

Dammit! Why do you have to teach me cool new code the day after I finalized my first two mods!!?

:D

Guess it's time to start a new one!

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  13. FaxCelestis

FaxCelestis Will Mod for Digglebucks

Add the percent="X" flag to <customblocker>, <monster>, and <horde>.

Fix MonDB.xml so that monsters in it spawn randomly instead of only through rooms.xml.

Allow identification of existing buffs and remaining totals on food/drink, so that one could have an ability that on activation, has variable effects based upon how much food/drink you have remaining, and then consumes that value.

Add <miniboss> or similar, to force a hero to spawn.

OmniaNigrum and r_b_bergstrom like this.
  14. r_b_bergstrom

r_b_bergstrom Will Mod for Digglebucks

Ability to mod Barbecue Grills, Minifridges, Dirt Patches, etc.

I'd appreciate having a higher level of interaction with the grills, minifridges, etc when modding. Right now there is a place to modify how frequently they show up, assuming modifications to tweakDB work (which I'd heard they don't, but I haven't tested it yet), but no way that I'm aware of to place them in a specific room. I'd like to not only force them to appear (so I can make a themed room that's a kitchen), but also be able to modify the contents of mini-fridge type containers, create elements that transform certain items when placed on them like the grills and dirt does, etc.

As I think about it, some of this is possible to approximate with the condition and action functions of the room.xml, but there's no documentation to explain how any of it works. What I should be asking for is more documentation of how the existing codes work in things like room.xml, spellDB.xml, tweakDB.xml, etc. Explanations of just about everything would be extremely helpful.

15. I'd like the option to make a skill not waste your turn. Like, you can use a "quickuse" skill, and then attack before your enemies can react.

16. Null

Null Will Mod for Digglebucks

Since I mentioned it somewhere else:

Add a method of tying delayed triggers or dots to a tile. Maybe even have buffs for this show up on the player (which would relate to requiring a buff for triggers/dots).

Also maybe to created objects?

OmniaNigrum and DaVici like this.
  17. FaxCelestis

FaxCelestis Will Mod for Digglebucks

Yeah, something like D&D's swift action would be nice.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  18. Austupaio

Austupaio Member

Well, with Skill Trees being the most popular sort of mod, obviously the GUI needs to be updated to handle having a million different available starting skills.

At the moment, having more skills than the GUI was designed for causing the Icons to overlap the selection bar.

Seems like a bigger area to hold the icons or a scroll bar is in order. Or both.

19. Essence

Buffs (and other non-damage effects) should scale as well.

Simply put, it's easyish to balance a damage spell and have it be effective and good at all levels, but Poor Impulse Control is basically nonexistent relative to your stat numbers once you get to DL8 or so. If PIC scaled (and, combined with J-Factor's request above, scaled with something relevant to Warriors like Stubbornness), it would always be a joy to see it proc.

OmniaNigrum, Loren and r_b_bergstrom like this.
  20. Essence

OmniaNigrum, Archiez, kino5 and 2 others like this.